Many years ago, Gary started out as an L&D professional before moving sideways into HR and OD, and it remains a passion. Examples of the types of L&D services that EPIC can provide include, but are not limited to:
- Training for HR staff and line managers on HR issues
- Leadership development for aspiring, junior, middle and senior leaders
- Coaching for team leaders, middle managers and senior executives (see below for more details)
- Personality profiling for individuals and teams (using the Team Management Profile and other TMSDI tools, or the Strengthscope / Strengthscope 360 tools)
- A range of soft skills training (eg customer service, interpersonal skills)
- Hackathon and UnConference facilitation
- Design and facilitation of team development and away days
- Mentoring for HR professionals and aspiring / new managers
Training and teaching
I deliver CIPD and HR modules in professional, degree and postgraduate level qualifications, tutor on distance learning programmes for some providers and provide one on one tutorial support for anyone studying in any format. If you need help with one of these qualifications as a student let me know, or if you’re a provider looking for tutors or teachers then get in touch.
NB some of the above services may be delivered in association with partner organisations and this would be made clear at the outset
Coaching and Mentoring
Gary’s coaching style is supportive and helpful, as he enjoys working with clients to help them reach their full potential. Gary offers a realist approach, balancing insight with questioning and challenge where appropriate, and ensuring that individuals feel fully supported through their journey.
Gary’s mentoring style is a balance of challenging and supporting. He won’t hesitate to call a spade a spade and to be directive about solving a particular problem or issue, if the relationship is based on that level of honesty and openness. However he can switch and be supportive and helpful and work with the client to develop insights, knowledge and skills also. Gary’s passion is to help people and places improve, and he has a number of things in his toolkit that he uses to ensure that happens.
Gary has worked with Boards, Executives, Senior/Middle/Junior and aspiring managers and staff at all levels. He has experience of working in Central Government, Local Government, Further Education, Social Housing, Pharmaceuticals and Not for profit organisations, and with organisations of varying shapes and sizes.
Gary has 20 years experience of working in senior level HR/OD/L&D positions, and of providing coaching, mentoring and consultancy services within that timeframe.